Stuck for New Year resolution ideas? Fret not, we’ve got you covered.
From productivity to marketing to work-life balance, we’ve rounded up 15 New Year’s resolutions for real estate agents, principals and property managers alike:
1. Work smarter by prioritising by impact rather than urgency. Schedule in your big “rocks” (key priorities that add the most value) first then fill in the rest of your time with other tasks.
2. Implement these five surprisingly simple ways to boost your productivity and do more in 2018. Condense your reading list, automate where you can, follow the 20-20-20 rule, stop multitasking and store everything in the cloud.
3. Post consistently on social media to increase brand awareness, engage potential clients and generate leads. Here are 25 real estate social media ideas to help you out.
4. Stop making these property management mistakes and stop making these trust accounting mistakes. The first step is recognising what areas you can improve on then taking the necessary steps to improve and achieve your goals.
6. Reach out to more local businesses and form mutually beneficial partnerships. For example, you could host your events at a well-loved local cafe and they could provide a discount for your continued business or help promote your events on social media. This is great for brand awareness and deepening your relationship with the community.
7. Stop worrying about real estate robots stealing your job and focus on upskilling instead. Chief inventor of the REA Group, Nigel Dalton, asserted that they would only replace the “average real estate agent” in areas that require predictable physical work, processing data and data collection.
8. Breathe. Always remember to take time out for yourself and the things that you enjoy doing outside of work. You’re only human after all.
9. Adopt new technologies to streamline your processes and do more with less. Here are 10 incredibly useful tech tools every agent needs.
10. Update your headshot on your website, social media channels and listing portal page. No more headshots from the 80s, we beg of you.
11. Spend a few minutes a day meditating to help you focus more, sleep better and stress less. You can use an app like Headspace to guide you. It’s life-changing!
12. Ramp up your business security with two-factor authentication, strong passwords and updated software.
13. Listen to more real estate podcasts during your commute to and from inspections and open homes. Staying up to date with market trends and industry news is key to being a great property manager.
14. Make your tenants feel at home as best as you can. The more they feel at ease in their rental property, the longer they’ll want to stay and the happier they’ll be. Here are five things you can do to make your tenants feel more at home.
15. Embrace change and switch to the cloud. Failure to change with the times means you’ll fall behind your more tech-savvy and efficient competitors. There are many benefits of cloud property software including greater accessibility, scalability, cost efficiency and security.
Lastly, be sure to plaster your resolutions everywhere to remind yourself of your goals and keep yourself on track. If you tend to put your resolutions on the backburner once the new year rolls around, be sure to focus on one resolution at a time. This will help you stay on track and focus on specific and actionable tasks to get the ball rolling.
And that’s all folks! Hopefully this list of New Year’s resolutions for real estate agents has given you some inspiration for the new year. For now, have a safe and happy holiday and we’ll see you in 2018!
What are your New Year’s resolutions? Let us know in the comments below.